[3830] WPX CW K1LT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K1LT SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 07:16:42 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ohio, EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

------------
  160:    5
   80:   19
   40:   35
   20:  185
   15:  328
   10:   59
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Sometimes unrelated activities interfere.  Saturday night at the
Dayton Hamvention, I clumsily slipped and fell down the stairs that
connect the walkway to the parking garage with the 2nd floor of the
Crowne Plaza hotel.  I mangled my elbow and hurt my back.  Although
the pain in my back is slowly getting better, its hard to sit in
office style chairs for very long.  Thus I had a hard time maintaining
Butt In Chair during this contest, which is too bad since conditions
were very interesting.

It was very strange to work LZ at 0020Z and JA at 1600Z on 15 meters.
Europe was always available on 20 meters during the limited times I
was on.  80 and 160 were very noisy, but I did work HK1NA on all 6
bands.  10 meters was open to Europe during the last couple hours of
the contest, although only the big multi-transmitter stations were
available.  7Z1SJ answered my 10 meter CQ at 2312Z.

Since I couldn't stay seated, I got up and opened the pool (always a
lengthy activity), finished the mowing, did the laundry, and kept the
7 year old child entertained.

I hope these conditions persist (or get better) for the All Asian
contest in June.