[3830] WPX CW W4KAZ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kazeringue@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W4KAZ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 07:51:54 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: nc
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
  160:    3
   80:    1
   40:    9
   20:   41
   15:  101
   10:   15
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Only had a few visits to the shack.  Intentions were to use the time available
to try out a new antenna(open sleeve/close coupled 4 band dipole), but was
easily distracted by playing with some of the bright shiny objects.

On Wednesday I discovered the 80m softrock was dysfunctional.  After two nights
of trying to debug and reinvigorate, still no joy.  So no 80m skimmer for
WPX.(One less bright shiny distraction...)  The smoke didn't get out of it, so
hope springs eternal.

The 40m skimmer chugged right along, pumping out about 8000 spots into the RBN.
 Hopefully, some of those were correct. :o

Saturday night I bopped out to the shack to check out low bands.  NOT.  20m
open to everywhere at local midnight...worked VK2, AL1, GM0, TK4, RM3.  Very
great biggest fun.  I am in it.

Also worked three 15m JA Q's on the multi band dipole Sunday afternoon. I will
need to check the combined log, but if they are not the very first I have
worked from the home qth, they are certainly very rare with the 100w and low
dipole.  And I'm certain I have not heard any since 2001/2002/2003.

Wish that I had been able to operate this one full time.