[3830] WPX CW NY6N(K6AM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NY6N(K6AM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 12:52:56 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NY6N
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: W6YI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   95
   40:  513
   20:  781
   15: 1389
   10:   53
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I have NEVER heard 15 meters this good.  Loud signals were coming in from all
over the world late into the early morning.  Seemed like some sort of dream.  I
suspect that solar flair earlier in the week tilted the earth off its axis
allowing daytime propagation at night and hurling the earth out of orbit
allowing us to eventually catch up with the Voyager spacecraft on its way into
deep space.

20 was about as good as it has been lately as well.  40 was only so-so to EU
but the JAâ??s were loud and well represented.  10 was open to SA for a good
chunk of mults.  I even heard one JA.  80 seemed dead until a few CQâ??s
brought the JAâ??s out of the woodwork.

Was nice to hear a few more BY stations.  You guys really help equalize the
west coast vs. the EUâ??s for the east coast.

I was hoping to end up with at least 5M and 800 mults to get near the W6
record.  I passed that by early Sunday morning.  So, head for cover boys and
girls.  Records are falling everywhere.

As always thanks to Jim, W6YI for the use of the Superstation.

And congrats to my SS and FD partner Dan, N6MJ and the boys up at NK7U for
smashing the west coast M/2 record.

73,
John, K6AM