[3830] WPX CW KL7RA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KL7RA M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 08:36:11 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): K6AW KL7RA N1TX AL7IF DJ4MZ DL5KUT DL3LAB DL2MLU DK2OY DK7MCX
DL6RAI
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   30
   80:  129
   40:  680
   20: 2249
   15: 2734
   10:  159
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

North Pole Contest Group and the Bavarian Contest club joined forces to operate
the WPX code from Alaska with fine results. As others noted we also had 24 hour
propagation on 20 and 15 meters, most of it to Europe. Missing was ten meters
and had that band produced I'm not sure what our score would have been. We had
operators tuning/calling on 10 meters continuously as well as ops on 40-160
meters calling all evening to sunrise.

No station problems worth mentioning and even with a lot of damage from last
winter storms we seem to have had enough hardware up to keep continuous rate
and often from three different directions for the main run bands.

AL7IF was our main ten meter op and worked the stack match controls and
rotators
all day. DL6RAI did the 15 meter job often with help from DJ4MZ sorting out
the
pileups. K6AW shoveled 20 all day while DK2OY slugged out 40. DL5KUT did most
of 80 while I, KL7RA worked 160 usually logging W7 stations that took pity on
my lonely CQ's and gave me SN 001. N1TX bounced between all positions and I'm
not sure he got much sleep. Relief and support ops were DL2MLU, DK7MCX and
DL3LAB who operated non-stop for hours before and even after the contest.

Post contest diner prepared by AL7IF, DL2MLU and DK7MCX was excellent and we
enjoyed both USA and German food. The NPCG felt it necessary to provide the
famous American Kentucky export old number 7 which seemed to be enjoyed by
our normal beer drinking cousins from Europe.

Next up station repair requiring most of the summer to remove damaged antennas
and replacement. First miss of Dayton in 26 years to get ready for this contest
but it seems now an even trade.

73 Rich KL7RA