[3830] WPX CW NR4M M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@dx4win.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NR4M M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 17:50:20 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NR4M
Operator(s): PC5A, ON9CC, PB2T/NB2T,  N4ZR, K4EC, K4ZW, NR4M, N2YO, K7SV, N3UA
Station: NR4M

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   88
   80:  567
   40: 1254
   20: 2296
   15: 2216
   10:  680
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another terrific CQWPX CW has come and gone. It's going to be hard to beat
this one.

First we had four new folks operating with us. Aurelia PC5A and
Frank ON9CC included a stay with us after Dayton. Hans PB2T/NB2T who is in
the area on temporary assignment stopped by on Sunday. And last, but
certainly not least, Pete N4ZR spent the weekend.

Then, we can talk about conditions, but I think it's all been pretty well said.

Ten could have been a bit better, but that probably would have been at the
expense of 80 and maybe 160.

Was 15 hot or what? Frank ON9CC who seems to gravitate to 160 and
6 meters was a bit disappointed in the activity on top band.

Aurelia PC5A who spent a lot of time on 20 had a ball.

Pete N4ZR did a tremendous job on 15 and Hans PB2T had a little fun on ten.

I don't want to slight regulars K4EC, K4ZW, NR4M, N2YO or N3UA who once again
were terrific company and laid huge numbers of Qs in the logs!PC

Activity on 80 was understandably light but the band was fairly quiet until
Sunday night. 40 continues to produce great low band points for us.

Again, we were fortunate that the station held up well.

It's always tough to get sufficient operators for the two premier CW contest
holiday weekends (CQWW CW Thanksgiving and CQWPX CW Memorial Day).

It's been suggested before, but it seems that it would be fair to alternate
the weekends of the CW contests with the fone versions of the same contests
each year!

Many thanks to Steve and Carolyn for feeding our habit so nicely
once again.

Thanks to the following 10 stations for 6 band Q's.

AC4CA
DR1A
GQ8SRS
HK1NA