[3830] AlQP N4ZZ/M Mobile Multi-OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP N4ZZ/M Mobile Multi-OpCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 13:55:46 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N4ZZ/M
Operator(s): AD4EB, N4ZZ, KI4HVY
Station: N4ZZ/M

Class: Mobile Multi-OpCW LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:   588
   20:   955
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  1543    0  CW Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 145,042

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was our third mobile operation in the ALQP, and this one way exceeded our
expectations. We took the same route as the past 2 years, making it through 28
counties (550 miles). Previous year's scores were 1214/43 and then 1355/47
Qs/Mults.

Signals started out rather weak, but improved thoughout the day.  Before dusk,
20m really opened up to everywhere, including unusually short skip into
adjacent states.

Our best hour was from 0100z to 0200z with 173 contacts.  Below are the
stations worked 20+ times during the contest, many thanks you guys for keeping
us so busy.

W0BH(52)                K4BSK(25)
NT2A(37)                N3KR(24)
YV5OIE(36)      W4NZ(23)
N4PN(32)                K4LTA(22)
WA6KHK(32)      W4UT(22)
N4DU(29)                VE7CV(21)
N0LY(28)                N1NN(20)
OM2VL(28)       N6MU(20)
W4UCZ(28)       W1END(20)
K4AMC(27)       W7OM(20)

W0BH was always there, and had a booming signal on both 20 and 40m. Way to go
Bob. Top DX was YV5OIE.  Both our signal were not very strong, however he was
quick to find us before the pileups when we changed bands. Nice job Tony.

The ALQP has become one of our favorite contests of the year.  Alabama has
great roads, plenty of counties, and they sure know how to put on a QSO Party.
Thanks for all who worked us, and especially to Jim KC4HW and the Alabama
Contest Group.

We sure enjoyed the contest.

Jim - AD4EB
Don - N4ZZ
Melody - KI4HVY

Oh yes, many thanks to Melody for spending her Saturday driving Don and I all
over Alabama. It makes a big difference, we owe you big time.

73 - Jim - AD4EB