[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8MM LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8MM LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 01:22:33 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 8

Call: K8MM
Operator(s): K8MM
Station: K8MM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   1      1
   80:   4      4
   40:  17     15
   20:  15     10
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  37     30  Total Score = 1,110

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Comments:

I was on 6M earlier in the day and came across W1UJ's rock crushing signal.
Jay's signal was so big at times it pinned the needle on my 6M rig! During our
qso we talked about the NS and I told him I'd do my best to remember to get
on.

The short skip and backscatter that we get this time of the year always makes
20M a lot more fun with all the extra available mults compared to later in the
year.

There wasn't much QRN at all tonight, kind of surprising for the summer time.

I lost three minutes near the end when my rx suddenly went deaf. I wiggled a
bunch of cables and turned some things on and off and my rx came back so I
finished out the rest of the sprint. I'll have to figure out what went wrong so
it doesn't happen again.

It was good to hear some new calls in the fray and to work all the NS
regulars.

73,
Ian - K8MM