[3830] ARRL June VHF K1WHS Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K1WHS Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:49:38 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1BX, KM3T, N1JFU, W1MRQ
Station: K1WHS

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN43MJ
Operating Time (hrs): 24

    6: 1354   305
    2:  273    41
  222:   66    25
  432:  101    26
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1794   397  Total Score = 778,517

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

This was actually going to be a low key effort. It really was but we could not
resist working the 6 Meter DX when it was rolling in. Other than having six
meters quite busy, the rest of the crew sat around and talked and relaxed,
leaving many chairs empty in the shack. (The weather was great) The higher
bands show the results. Fewer than normal contacts, although, with six meters
threatening to open all the time, I guess the contact totals would be expected
to be low on those bands anyway. Some highlights: 66 grids in Europe on 50.
Worked Poland, Serbia, Bulgaria, and many other semi rare spots. There was some
sporadic E on 144 as well, and we got 5 grids via that mode. States worked were
S. Dakota (W7XU) and a number of stations in Iowa including old EME buddy Mark,
WB0TEM. No real tropo observed, but we snagged W4IY on a few bands. VE3ZV in
EN92 was worked on 144, 222, and 432 with good signals. We did not run any
meteor skeds or EME stuff, and got a great night's sleep.We quit at 11 PM local
time. We must sound like a bunch of old geezers, quitting so early, although we
did not have cookies and milk before bedtime. Still we had a great time with
great company and a beautiful weekend with no rain.  I even fixed a bunch of
broken stuff so we can get back on the microwave bands again. The cocktail hour
each afternoon was a new addition. It went over quite well.  No real break
downs. All the gear worked just fine.