[3830] ARRL June VHF KC9BQA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KC9BQA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:08:19 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: KC9BQA
Operator(s): KC9BQA
Station: KC9BQA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN63ao
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  416   150
    2:   41    22
  222:   20    14
  432:   24    15
  903:    9     7
  1.2:   10     7
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  520   215  Total Score = 129,645

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

The Magic Band delivered once again in the June 2012 contest.
   Worked strong 6m openings from 2230-0130Z Sat. evening, from 1600-1800Z
Sunday and the best was saved for last -- a widespread, booming opening from
2130Z Sunday afternoon right into the night.  During the last blitz, many
stations reported working FN, EM, DM, EN, CM, CN and DO grids, often in rapid
succession.  Been seeing some very big scores with this contest and many of
them from the Midwest.  Well done!

   As you'd expect with 6m on fire, 144 and higher was quieter than it would be
in the other V/U contests.  Plus at my QTH, it was hot, dry and windy, and I had
a lot more noise than usual.  Daytimes were worst, and I worked fewer
MI/OH/IN/VE-3 stations than I usually do.
   Grateful for KF8QL/R, NE8I/R, K8DOG/R and W9FZ/R being out locally.  (Others
were on board to the NW and SW)  W9FZ couldn't get on the road until later Sat.
evening, and his timing couldn't have been better.  6m had shut down, the prop
was somewhat better and the bands less noisy.  From 9-10pm on, Bruce had all
sorts of stations in WI and surrounding states picking him up on his 6 or 7
bands.  Really perked things up -- you should have heard the CW-fest about
11pm-midnight.

   Sure hope that some of the 6-meter-only stations that have been coming on
board will put up good horizontal yagis for 144 MHz and higher bands, and also
get on for the Sept V/UHF and Jan V/UHF contests, plus give the Aug UHF a try.
In fact, next up is the CQ WW VHF on July 21-22.  Fun contest with 6m and 2m
only, the bread-and-butter bands of VHF'ing.

    73,
    Todd   KC9BQA   EN63ao   40 N of Milwaukee
    www.kc9bqa.com  For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
    www.wivuch.com  WI VHF/UHF County Hunters Award