[3830] All Asian CW DL8DYL(@DF0SAX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl8dyl@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW DL8DYL(@DF0SAX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:26:43 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: DL8DYL
Operator(s): DL8DYL
Station: DF0SAX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 28h26

  160:   10     8
   80:   22    17
   40:   86    64
   20:  303   142
   15:  440   166
   10:   17    17
-------------------
Total:  878   414  Total Score = 387,504

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Beginning of May I decided to participate again in the All Asia Contest from our
clubstation DF0SAX. Quickly we found out, a lot of maintenance work needs to be
done before I can start. Unfortunately we had some unwanted visitors at our
station, too. Thanks to all, who helped to get the station in a good shape,
installed a 4-Array for 40m and even lent me some parts.
Starting at my sunrise I quickly moved to 15m, where I stayed till evening. 10m
wasnâ??t really open and 20m performed not very well. According to my schedule I
tried later to get more Qâ??s out of 40m compared to 2011. But that wasnâ??t as
easy as thought. Got a lot of QRN in the night due to lightning. I jumped
between the lowbands to find some stations I was able to hear trough the QRN.
Later I decided to pause and hoped for more QSOâ??s / Multâ??s on Sunday. But
the condx were really bad, when I started. No Japan on any band workable. Only
a few BYâ??s and closer Asian stations made it in my log. Very late in the
afternoon 20m opened to Japan again. So I skipped my plans to stop the contest
just before the evening. I also asked to have the 4-Array on 40m for sunday
night too. The array helped me a lot digging for some more Asian stations. I
ended up with a slight improvement on 40m compared to 2011. Around local
midnight I called the contest finished and we started to disassemble the
4-Array. Many thanks to Dietmar, DL3DXX, and Ralf, DL9DRA, who did most of the
job and to Robert, SP5XVY who lent we some equipment.

Thanks to all for calling! See you next time in the WAEDC CW in August - this
time I will be operate from KC1XX SOABHP...

73 Irina, DL8DYL