[3830] ARRL FD N6WG 1E QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N6WG 1E QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:40:34 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   75     60      0  Total Score = 1,050

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a low-key effort, just operating the home station on solar-charged
batteries.  Only worked 40m with a slightly short 40m dipole (actually a 15m
EDZ).
Band conditions didn't seem that great, but I did manage most of the western
states anyway.  Band noise was up, as one expects in summer.  Tried using my
rotary loop to reduce the noise, but the signals went down too, so not useful
result there.
Overall, I had a fun time.  Rig is my Elecraft K3 at 5w and the P3 panadapter.
I tried doctoring my voice messages with the Audacity program, but I don't
think it really added that much punch to my signal.  It was a fun experiment
though.
Never even listened on the other bands.  Hope conditions were better there.
Thanks to all for the Qs.  See you all next FD.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude