[3830] ARRL FD K5WA 1A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K5WA 1A LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 19:45:41 -0700
                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA, KG5U, W5MJ, KB5GTB, K5TU, K5PI, NZ5I
Station: K5WA

Class: 1A LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:   175    18
   40:   632     6
   20:   689   273
   15:   481    86
   10:     9     0
    6:     3    48
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1989   431      0  Total Score = 8,818

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to K5WA for organizing another great Field Day.  Bob rented an RV this
year, but the A/C couldn't quite keep up with the fierce Texas heat.  We put up
40 feet of tower with a TH3 junior, 40M rotatable dipole, and 80M inverted vee.
We also put up a 40M ground plane in a tree, but decided it worked no better
than the dipole.  We also put up 30 feet of tower with a four element 6M beam
and a little quad for 2M.

This year, we again used Bob's WRTC triplexer and lockout system and had two
ops interrupting each other all weekend.  :-)  Fortunately, hand signals got
progressively more civil as the weekened progressed, so I guess we got the hang
of it.  :-)

We did almost exclusively CW last year, but this year we hopped up to the phone
band occasionally and had a few good runs on 20.

Thanks also to KB5GTU for arranging for the great location and for working some
tough bands for us.  See y'all next year!