[3830] RAC Day VE4RAC(VE4EA) SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve4ea@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE4RAC(VE4EA) SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:46:17 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE4RAC
Operator(s): VE4EA
Station: VE4WSC

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Winnipeg
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  344    413      12        12
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  344    413      12        12  Total Score = 99,888

Club:

Comments:

While it was a delight and wonderful treat to be able to resume contesting, I
didn't achieve my Q goals.  I apologize to any stations who may have called,
but I couldn't pull out.  I have nobody to blame but my inappropriate rig and
contesting inexperience.

I had seriously considered making this strictly a CW effort.  As, even with a
K-index of 20+ it doesn't take very much to pick up the weaker signals.  I
decided  that it wouldn't be fair to withhold the 20 points from 20M. phone
ops.  Not that people needed the VE4 multiplier this year, with the results and
fantastic effort put in by Ed VE4VT (VE4EAR).

I spent a fair bit of time searching for multipliers. But, it seemed as though
more of "them" came hunting for the RAC call-sign.  Missed Nt (VE8) on both
modes.

Thank you to all for the Q's.  Low power and not checking/using the spots makes
it more challenging.  Having the RAC call helps.

Thank you to the Winnipeg Seniors Radio Club for allowing me access to their
office and QTH.  I can't express enough appreciation to Bert VE4AND, my host
who stayed with me for 24+ hours.  I couldn't have done this without his grace
and consideration.

FT-857, Explorer 14 Yagi