[3830] IARU NW3H SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NW3H@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] IARU NW3H SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 07:51:33 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NW3H
Operator(s): NW3H
Station: NW3H

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Skippack, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:   0       0      0       0
   80:   0       8      3       5
   40:   0      76     14      20
   20:   0      85     15      21
   15:   0     127     20      28
   10:   0       8      6       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     304     58      74  Total Score = 115,896

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Had planned to work more in this contest but was interrupted too many times by
my 2 year old daughter and 31 week pregnant wife during the day Saturday.  As
always nap time in the afternoon and after bed time around 7pm was the only
time I could get things going.  This was a total S&P effort with my R-8
vertical and dipoles. I had hoped to have the Butternut 2 element beam up but
that will have to wait for later in the summer.  Actually picked up a few new
countries on 15 and 20 meters.  Band conditions were noisy but better than
anticipated.  15 meters was unbelievable as usual lately.  Another one of those
times when I hear all the continents at the same time by tuning the dial.  I
always marvel at the diverse propagation experienced on 15 meters!  40 meters
was good at night though I think I waited too late to jump on there.  My
station is good on 15 and 40 and I wanted to hold off on 40 meters until I got
the most out of 20 and 15.  However, I think I waited an hour late because by
0140 when I went on 40 it was a total zoo.  Happy with my performance though it
was limited.  With the baby due two months from today my scores will probably be
lower this coming contest season.  Hopefully the beam will augment my lack of
time in the chair.  Also, I hope my new daughter is a good sleeper!  :-)
Thanks to everyone for all the QSOs.  73

Rig: Icom IC-7600
Amplifier:  Ameritron AL-811H
Antennas:  Cushcraft R-8 vertical  80/40 meter dipole.