[3830] IARU C4Z(5B4AIZ) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU C4Z(5B4AIZ) SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 09:29:59 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Larnaca
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:     0    0       0        0
   80:    53    0               21
   40:   194    0               42
   20:   423    0               48
   15:   358    0               48
   10:   130    0               37
-------------------------------------
Total:  1158    0      34      196  Total Score = 940,000

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Experts tell us we have been at the top of the cycle for around 12 months now
yet in that time I have commented on strange cndx for about every contest I
have entered and this was no different, rather like a stage magicians show 'Now
you see it - Now you don't'. Disappointing but we must be happy with the good
parts and always live in expecation, that's what keeps us motivated.

After the first two hours I had less than 50 q's in the log, no-one could hear
me, turning to s&p I waited endlessly in line for my turn to get a contact but
it did get better. So it started with a whimper and ended in a bang with 115
q's in the last hour when 15mtrs woke up..

Thanks are due to all the guys who manned the HQ Stns, they did a great job,
some must have been very lonely up on 10mtrs and 15mtrs too at times. What a
great signal from the 'Outlaws' at W1AW/7. They were the only '7' that I heard
and I did not expect to get the ARRL counter in the log when I read it was to
be qrv from AZ but they pulled me through on two bands, great work by those ops
as my 100w to a tribander does not break any windows even on the east coast.

My headline score could be way out, my logger appeared to be doing some odd
things and may have been corrupted, not giving credit at times and crediting
non mlts at other times, mind you it could be this op who was beat as i was
seeing snowstorms when I looked out the window and it is getting on for 100 deg
F out there! I have reached the age where an 18 hour section in 24 hour contests
would be very welcome!

Eqp't -TS570 -100w. 3 ele tribander @45', Inv Vee for 40 + qtr wave sloper for
80mtrs. Logging with 'SD'

73  Brian C4Z / 5B4AIZ.