[3830] IARU WB8JUI SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, therickman@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WB8JUI SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:16:53 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   62             4       2
   80:   44             5       8
   40:  160            13       8
   20:  146            16      20
   15:  136            15      21
   10:   64             6       4
-------------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Still stumbling along with SO2R.  Thanks to all for your patience.

After a late start, I had packed it in at 0400Z (500 Q's). My XYL woke me up
from a deep sleep at 0700Z to inform me the AC unit was continually running
outside but the inside blower fans were not.  A few hours of head scratching
and checking things out proved worthless. As a last resort, I dug out and RTFM.
Replacing the AA batteries in the "smart" thermostat fixed things.  I couldn't
get back to sleep, so down to the shack for a few more Qs.

Even with thunderstorms in the area, the low bands were fairly quiet.  Heard
several loud zone 6 stations on 160, but couldn't raise them.  Apparently the
bands were not as quiet out west.

6 bands with NU1AW/9 and N8OO.

73 - Rick WB8JUI

Elecraft K3 #1875 & Icom IC746Pro
160 meter inverted L @ 50 feet
80 & 40 meter 1/4 wave wire verticals
Hustler 5BTV ground mounted
Tower and beam still grounded.  Hopefully up before the snow flies.
N1MM & Winkey