[3830] IARU EA5DFV SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jose.m.femenia@uv.es
Subject: [3830] IARU EA5DFV SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 12:09:13 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: EA5DFV
Operator(s): EA5DFV
Station: EA5DFV

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: JM08as
Operating Time (hrs): 21h35

  160:   0        0     0        0
   80:   0       39     5       26
   40:   0      222    16       26
   20:   0     1049    32       40
   15:   0      446    21       39
   10:   0      279    12       16
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     2035    86      147  Total Score = 1,734,918

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This results are a bit worse that the last time that I do the IARU HF alone, in
2008, from my station. I was tired because the friday I drive for 900km and the
saturday morning I need to put the 20m 4 el. monoband at work. In the station
all work fine, except the 80m inverted V, as usual. I don't understand how I
can make the QSO with the chilean HQ on 80m this morning with only 300w and 1:4
SWR!

The 20m was the money band for me. I find it open all the time, and I can copy
signals from NA till near the sunrise here. I prefer stay on 20m that the busy
40m band. Some opening on 10m that come better after the sunset, but no many
people on the band. 15m sounds better the saturday evening that the sunday
morning.

I hope that EFxHQ do well: this year was a great team!

73 de Jose

K3 + PA
Mosley Pro 67B @21m
M2 20m 4el @20m