[3830] IARU N2MM SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2mm@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N2MM SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 16:12:04 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N2MM
Operator(s): N2MM
Station: N2MM

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    18            2        2
   80:   143           16       20
   40:   387           23       23
   20:   414           24       33
   15:   622           28       28
   10:    41           10        6
-------------------------------------
Total:  1625    0     103      112  Total Score = 1,204,645

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Thursday  and Friday nights, 20m stayed wide open all night. That was going to
be my strategy -  run 15m hard on Saturday (band opened 1100z), check 10m
occasionally, and hit 20m around 2000z through the night. Big mistake !!! 20m
had a very short opening Saturday afternoon. By 2230z, I went to 40m. The band
was noisy, but very loud signals from EU. 80m was open at 0000z.  I kept moving
between 80m and 40m. Twenty meters had lots of US signals, but very few EU.
Bottom line, my strategy fell apart big time. On a positive note, 80m was very
quiet and lots of west coast easily went into the log.

I must have been in a black hole or in a daze throughout the contest. My zones
and HQ stations were significantly lower than everyone else. I just never heard
them.

One final comment is in order. What is with the EU stations and their
amplifiers. One station spent almost 10 minutes trying to tune up their amp on
my quiet run frequency, totally oblivious to repeated requests to qsy. I kept
praying for the amp to blow up so he would be gone. My prayers were never
answered! This seems to becoming a real problem, or perhaps I am just getting
too sensitive.

Thanks for all the qsos. My log should be on LOTW shortly.