[3830] IARU W7YAQ SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W7YAQ SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 17:02:59 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Sisters OR
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   30             6       1
   80:  122            15       3
   40:  216            19       8
   20:  321            29      25
   15:  250            30      30
   10:   46            10       7
-------------------------------------
Total:  985     0     109      74  Total Score = 570,411

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I love this contest because the summer conditions are just so different from the
rest of the contest season.  The 24-hour format also gives the possibility of a
full effort (or nearly so) even for us senior citizens.  I find the full
24-hour cycle of changing propagation fascinating, and full of surprises.

I had a personal goal of 1000 QSOs, but a two-hour thunderstorm, and CME
influence left me just short.  Can you say 82 EU QSOs and sub-par openings to
Asia?  Though excellent activity from VK/ZL and South America eased the pain of
listening to hours of watery auroral signals.

Thanks to the ARRL and IARU organizations and the great ops for another fun
contest.

73,
Bob W7YAQ

Rig: K3
Antennas:  10-15-20 3-el Steppir at 70 feet with 40 folded dipole, inverted Vs
for 80 and 160 hung from tower at 65 feet