[3830] IARU NE7D SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NE7D SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 19:02:12 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NE7D
Operator(s): NE7D
Station: NE7D

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 11:30

  160:
   80:
   40:  187     0      12       6
   20:  253     0      16       4
   15:  149     0      13       4
   10:    3     0       1       1
-------------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I'm considering breaching my allegiance to LP-only and buying a KPA500.  A good
friend loaned me a 500W amp to begin the weaning process and I have to admit it
did provide a new blend of "fun."  I enjoyed the longer runs and fewer calls to
make S&P contacts -- so much so that I didn't think much about strategies:
seeking out mults, zones and HQ stations, tactical band changes, etc.  Just
enjoyed making any contacts within my reach -- so a lot of single-pointers and
a very modest score.  Also verified I didn't fry the DSL modem and no neighbors
showed up with torches and pitchforks.  Time to call 1-800-elecraft!

No certificates for me this year, will be near the bottom of the HP gang, but
had a good time even with the weird propagation.

Tnx for the contacts . . . 73, Rock  NE7D