[3830] IARU KW7XX SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kw7xx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KW7XX SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 19:21:41 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KW7XX
Operator(s): KW7XX
Station: KW7XX

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:57

  160:
   80:          20      4       1
   40:         150     18       8
   20:         327     31      24
   15:         309     28      26
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     806     81      59  Total Score = 396,760

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was unable to dedicate the full 24 hrs to the contest. Yardwork and housework
plus a few short naps ate up some time. I did however end up with more time on
the air than I had originally planned. Even with poor propagation for the last
1/3 of the event, contesting proves to be a lot more fun than yardwork!!

As many have already mentioned the geomagnetic storming wreaked havoc on the
bands starting Satuday evening here. No 15m Asia runs and no 20m EU or Middle
East propagation after sunset. Pretty much any path remotely close to polar was
shot. Then it got even worse. By 0700z even 40m shut down too. Took a nap and
tried again at 1000z but it was even worse with the MUF at 6 Mhz. I was forced
to fight the QRN on 80m from storms around the region just to make it to 800
Q's. Also 10m was fruitless again as well. I didn't waste any time there at
all.

Even with shotty propagation for a good chunk of the test, it was still a lot
of fun. Thanks to all who worked me. Hope to see you next time!!

73
Dean KW7XX

Equipment:
Yaesu FTdx 5000