[3830] IARU DQ4W(9A6XX) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hrle@ipazin.net
Subject: [3830] IARU DQ4W(9A6XX) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:15:09 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: DQ4W
Operator(s): 9A6XX
Station: DQ4W

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Siegenburg
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    36            6       21
   80:   116           12       29
   40:   496           22       34
   20:   842           35       36
   15:   774           33       35
   10:    67           13       24
-------------------------------------
Total:  2331    0     121      179  Total Score = 2,510,700

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Big thanks to DQ4W team for allowing me to use their fine station. Special
thanks to DK9TN, DK4YJ and DL1MGB to put an extra effort so I wouldnt have any
excuses - and I dont, it's was all on me :-)

Great time before, during and after the contest with good buddies, was worth
the trip and still expect nice pile of WRTC points - which were activity
drivers.

During the years, traveling a bit made me try few different radios and setups -
2x TS850S + Alpha91 used this weekend made me wonder why do we actually need all
these new fancy stuff. 4 buttons and no menus :-)

Great battle with DJ5MW, our homeland (9A1P) recipe (always focus on North
America) paid off very well (>40% NA QSOs) and despite 200 qsos less I was head
to head with Manfred. Stupid of me was to ask Manfred the QSO count each time we
had a QSO. Maybe it affected my agressivity a bit in the last several hours with
huge drop on 2nd radio QSOs (350 2nd radio QSOs in total)

EUHFC, WAE CW comming soon - hear you :-)

Auf wiedersehen Bavaria :-)

73,
Hrle - 9A6XX