[3830] IARU LS1D M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU LS1D M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:01:16 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: LS1D
Operator(s): LW1DTZ,LU3CT,LW9EOC,LW9DHR,LU7HW,LU1HLH
Station: LS1D

Class: M/S HP
QTH: San Vicente
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:     0     0      0        0
   80:    42     4     13       16
   40:   179    30     23       19
   20:   269   189     31       32
   15:   530   217     30       37
   10:   386   158     19       29
-------------------------------------
Total:  1406   598    116      133  Total Score = 2,279,097

Club:

Comments:

A new competition organized by IARU, we came prepared us to look for a score
different to what was done last year, but ....

We arrived very late on Friday night with a trip complicated as we were
carrying the elements for a new antenna for 20 meters, we could not put
together, to finish the stack configuration we have designed, in addition, upon
arrival we found the big news, there was power outage lasted several hours and
only about 7 hours before the contest was restored, the values were highly
fluctuating voltage between 174-192 V varying continuously in the best of the
line (we have three phase), this situation persisted and caused the automatic
linear (Alpha 87 A) will not work well, and we could not achieve a good power,
500-800 W in the best opportunity, was extinguished before any minor
requirement or any variation greater than 5 V, we had about 20-25 breaks per
hour with the results of long delays for a new start, with consequent lack of
power. The situation forced us to change strategy consistently, the percentage
of the operation with only the power of the equipment was higher than HP,
approximately were operated about 21hs with this problem, despite the
achievements that improve the previous year.

Congratulate the RCA was present as HQ. The team of LT1F that the new rules set
a new record for LU, and to Jesus LU5FC for the score in SO-HP.

Thanks to the boys LU7HW and LU1HLH for visit us!

73 Team LS1D "Six Stars Contest Station"