[3830] NAQP RTTY N8HM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8hm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N8HM Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 22:13:28 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: N8HM
Operator(s): N8HM
Station: N8HM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:
   40:
   20:  67     30
   15:
   10:   6      4
-------------------
Total:  73     34  Total Score = 2,482

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC #1

Comments:

Not many Canadians heard and even fewer stations from North American DXCCs
outside of W and VE. Increased participation from those areas would add a lot
to the contest and, as a resident of the District of Columbia, I dislike
sending MD as my QTH when I am not located in Maryland.

The conflict with the DMC RTTY contest also caused 20m to be quite full in the
afternoon and early evening. I noticed a lot of overlapping stations that I
could not decode between 14080 and 14090, yet there was plenty of room above
14100 (of course, I do need to help myself by purchasing a narrower filter).

Rig - Kenwood TS-440S/AT
Antenna - MFJ-1786 Magnetic Loop