[3830] CQWW VHF W2GPS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2gps@cnssys.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W2GPS SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 17:27:34 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W2GPS
Operator(s): W2GPS
Station: W2GPS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Severna Park MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7:26

    6:  55     23
    2:  30     14
-------------------
Total:  85     37  Total Score = 4,255

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I operated an hour here and an hour there just for fun. I had 500 watts on 6
meters but only 75 watts on 2 meters due to a misbehaving amplifier. This was
the first VHF contest that used only the K3. I left the IC-910 turned off. I
missed the 6 meter opening at the start of the contest but there were a few
modest openings to the south and southwest Sunday. There were periods of good
activity on 2 meters, mostly when 6 meters was quiet.