[3830] CQWW VHF WZ1V SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wz1v@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF WZ1V SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 06:40:58 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN31rh
Operating Time (hrs): 7

    6:  122    36
    2:   60    20
-------------------
Total:  182    56  Total Score = 13,552

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Didn't have a lot of air time but had a lot of fun. Kind of relaxing having only
2 bands to switch between, compared to other contests. Mostly operated Sunday.
2M was slightly enhanced in the morning but it burned off quickly. 6M opened
for short periods then would go dead. I managed to fill in most of the local
grids from FN44 - FM17 north-south, and FN51 to FN00 east-west. Most of the 6M
Es filled grids between EM23-EM74, another area between EM31-EM60, and was
spotty to Florida, mostly EL96/EL97 and EM80 (N2CEI). I heard N3LL EL86 but he
was in a long QSO talking about his Pittsburg days. Only Es heard to the west
was K2DRH EN41, who seemed to be making his own opening. Mid-afternoon was dead
until 1 minute before the end of the contest when Florida opened up again,
figures! TNX to all who operated and to CQ for sponsoring this great contest!
-73, Ron WZ1V