[3830] IARU AA4LR SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU AA4LR SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:42:25 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:    0      0      0       0
   40:    0      0      0       0
   20:   29      5      6       9
   15:   48     17     11      11
   10:    6      1      2       1
-------------------------------------
Total:   83     23     19      21  Total Score = 10,240

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
R7000 at 3m high (10-40m)

Equipment:
Venerable TS-430S w/ AT-250 running 100 watts

Comments:

I had set the K2/100 up the right before and it was ready to go on all bands. I
walk in at 1800z, and as soon as I got to switch antennas, I get a "not instd"
error with the antenna tuner. After fooling with it for about 10 minutes, I
could not get the antenna tuner to obey the commands of the K2. A few more
trials and I'm getting an INFO 080 error -- which K2 owners know means the main
microprocessor is having trouble communicating with the other microprocessors in
the rig.

30 minutes into this, I still haven't worked a contact. Time to go to plan B. I
swapped the cables out and got the Kenwood TS-430S on line. No computer control,
and the CW filters aren't nearly as nice, but it will do the job.

Spent almost 5 hours on the air, all S & P. It was hard trying to get through
to a few of the HQ stations. Lots of good activity on 15m. Very little out of
10m.

Need better antennas.