[3830] IARU IO4T(IK4VET) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4vet@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU IO4T(IK4VET) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 05:11:38 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: IO4T
Operator(s): IK4VET
Station: I4LEC

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    50    13      5       22
   80:   121    27     13       30
   40:   297    72     22       37
   20:   337   363     28       38
   15:   362   233     30       44
   10:    43    76     10       22
-------------------------------------
Total:  1210   784    108      193  Total Score = 1,761,753

Club:

Comments:

IARU is a great contest. Last years I've been involved in IOxHQ, this time I
tried a SOAB effort.
After a big eartquake in my area (north fo Modena city) who give us big
problems, I qsy to I4LEC hilltop to forget and have some fun.

I tried to keep high the rate when not running (often) switching from cw to
phone, from band to band, even using memories vfo a/b and keeping track of busy
stations using bandmap ctrl-enter and so on. To keep high rate on Wpx cw 2011
has been simple since I was assisted.
Just 3z hour has less than 60qso/h because of s/p on 160 and 80 to work mults.
I qsy vy early on 20-40-80m to s/p for more HQ as possible, this strategy seems
payed a lot.

Great rates on 20m ssb on the last 3 hours, last one has been the best one with
132qso! I had some good EU rate, I suppose, thanks to stack who let me beaming
from east to west.
On 160 I havn't z27 on the log but i've been surprised to have a loud call from
N1TA on cw, a bit later NB2T was incredibly loud on 160ssb, I spent 10 minutes
to call him but not even a ? ... on 160 low power is difficult :-)

IC775 + microHam MK2R+
10-15-20 Stack of 2el yagi Raibeam style 50/80 ft high
40   2el yagi Raibeam
80   pair of switchable phased 1/4 wave slopers
160  double L (end loaded vertical)
rx filters
http://www.qrz.com/db/i4lec

VY TNX to Clay I4LEC and Francesca IK4NPD who hosted me once more. It has been
as always a fantastic experience!

Andrea
IK4VET