[3830] NAQP CW KK7S Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chaddkn@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KK7S Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 23:12:01 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KK7S
Operator(s): KK7S
Station: KK7S

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   19     7
   80:   30    17
   40:  156    39
   20:  323    51
   15:  220    45
   10:    9     7
-------------------
Total:  757   166  Total Score = 125,662

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team: Wirenuts

Comments:

The first three quarters were great.  Lots of opportunities for me to QLF while
working two QSOs at once.  Tons of fun.

The low bands just killed me in the last couple of hours.  Couldn't reach the
mults and couldn't get any rate.  There has to be a solution, but I haven't
found it yet.  This year I'm running a 160m inv-L over an FCP and a 50' 80m
vert over an FCP.  They didn't work any better than the same antennas over a
pair of elevated radials which is what I used last year.  They may even have
been worse judging from the Qs on those bands.

I beat my score from last August by 200 QSOs and 50K points -- all thanks to
15m, 20m and 40m, so that's the silver lining, though I'm sure it's mostly due
to band condx this time.

Thanks for all the Q's and thanks to my fellow Wire nuts (AB7R, NG7Z, WC7Q AND
W7OM) for inspiring me to keep my butt planted in the chair.