[3830] NAQP CW K6CSL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K6CSL Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 02:11:15 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA/SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   10     5
   20:   68    33
   15:   45    23
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  123    61  Total Score = 7,503

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #6

Comments:

Fun, fun, fun. I love NAQP CW. Conditions were not the greatest. I started on
10M and found the band dead. I don't know if it ever opened, I didn't go back
to see. I kept myself busy with 15M and then 20M. During the afternoon here in
Riverbank, CA, the weather was threatening all afternoon with scattered
thundershowers over much of the San Joaquin and Sacramento Valleys. Luckily
none came close enough to shut me down. In fact where much of the area got
brief, but fairly severe periods of rain, we had none at all here. After the
contest I was looking at the local news coverage of the afternoons weather
which displayed severe areas of lightning strikes, looking south from
Sacramento. I tried to move to 40M at 00:00Z but the static crashes were so bad
I only worked 6 stations and moved back to 20M which was still wall to wall.
Apparently 20M was every ones main band. After another pass through 20 I again
moved to 40 and conditioned had improved as the lightning storms began to move
further north finally clearing out the Stanislaus County area. After just
another 4 contacts, by then, my 10 hours on the air came to a close. This score
was the best I've done in a Summer NAQP. I did some better in the January event
but I'm satisfied with todays experience. I'm looking forward to NAQP SSB  in
two weeks. Bert, K6CSL