[3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 05:59:35 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

  160:   45    22
   80:  123    35
   40:  251    47
   20:  140    40
   15:   25    12
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  585   157  Total Score = 91,845

Club:

Team: NCC Team #2

Comments:

At 1755z when the serious ops were sitting down in front of their radios, I was
starting up a 130 foot tower at K8AZ. Back to terra firma at 2215z, then spent
some time with the guys before leaving.

After a shower I unpacked the FT-1000MP graciously loaned by N8TR and picked up
earlier in the day. Rediscovered the Yaesu stereo key plug issue, fooled around
cobbling together a suitable cable, and made my first qso at 2355z. Stayed in
the chair for the duration.

Conditions on the high bands were good, though time earlier in the day would
have helped. QRN was terrible on the low bands. SO2R with the MP worked very
well, using a 40 foot high dipole on 40 until late when 80 and 160 were active,
at which time I moved to the PRO-67A for that band. I spent the last hour
watching lightning in the not too distant distance, but made it to the end with
nothing real close.

All in all, a good, busy day of ham radio.

73  -   Jim  K8MR