[3830] NAQP CW W4VIC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vic.w4vic@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4VIC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 07:01:56 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.25

  160:    0     0
   80:   27    17
   40:   60    29
   20:   60    24
   15:   40    13
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total:  190    84  Total Score = 16,150

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC #3

Comments:

Pro III, MicroKeyer II, MFJ 998, SteppIR DB-18 @ 50', Inv "L" @ 35' for 80M

High band noise and bilateral hearing aids made copy more work than it needed
to be.  Got to re-evaluate use of Call History files -- don't use them now
because of being seriously mislead in my early contest career.  Now that I'm
AWARE, the auto fill would possibly be of good help for weaker signals, faster
CW under difficult conditions, and MIGHT compensate for hearing deficits - or
not.  I stuck with this contest as long as it was fun, but if I had looked
closely, I certainly would have worked through 200 QSOs -- a lapse on my part.
Thanks for the Qs -- this is one of the most fun contests of all of them (with
the possible exception of the RTTY contests).  73,  Vic, W4VIC