[3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 21:17:23 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KJ5T, KU5B, N5XJ
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   19    11
   40:  335    56
   20:  934    60
   15:  196    42
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total: 1485   171  Total Score = 253,935

Club:

Team:

Comments:

There were too many omens today before the contest even started.  First, the
water purification system from the well blew out and threw water all over the
place.  Second, my wife calls me 25 minutes before the contest to tell me that
she has car trouble so I had to leave for a while.  Third, all day long the
weather was a threat but the thunderstorms stayed just far enough away....at
least until 0300z.  At that point KU5B and I headed out to pull all the
electronics offline and left N5XJ to get on 80m with a low inverted vee to grab
just a few mults before the storm was on top of us.
So......here we sit in the livingroom having been forced to quit over two hours
before the end of the contest......chatting while the lightning strikes
outside.
The bands were not good anyway and there is nothing that we can do about the
weather.  This is the first time we have ever had to cut an NAQP short.  So be
it!
About the only positives that came out of this:  I found that some recent
antenna work paid off and we are getting much needed rain.