[3830] NAQP SSB K3FIV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3fiv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3FIV Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 12:18:59 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K3FIV
Operator(s): K3FIV
Station: K3FIV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Point Arena CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:   28     8
   40:   96    28
   20:   31    18
   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  157    56  Total Score = 8,949

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Rig: Flex-3000
Ant: 80M Carolina Windom @ 30 feet

Got home earlier than expected so I had a few hours to play.   Started by
working KH6CJJ on 10 and WH7Z on 15.  Both had good signals here, but didn't
hear a single other signal on 10 or 15.  20 was only a little better, but
things didn't get going until later when 40 picked up.  Lots of static crashes
on 40 and 80, but managed to work even a few runs for a while.

Murphy was hanging around.  Couldn't get the SWR (between rig and remote tuner
at base of antenna) to go below 2.5:1 on any band, where it's normally around
1.1 or so.  Nothing obvious wrong, and people seemed to be able to hear me, so
I just ignored it.  Went out the following morning to check out the antenna and
feed lines, but now everything is working fine again, with SWR back at 1.1

Fun though.  NAQPs are one of my favorites - short and sweet with lots of
activity when the sun cooperates.

73,
/Jack de K3FIV