[3830] KsQP N5DO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5do@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] KsQP N5DO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 06:17:40 -0700
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   80:    2      0
   40:   37     15
   20:  165    100
   15:    4      2
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  208    117      0  Mults = 99  Total Score = 85,342

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Fun weekend.  I decided at the last minute to participate and was somewhat
undecided at the start as to how seriously I was going to operate.  After about
20 minutes most people had left 40M and moved to 20M, and I couldn't hear any KS
stations, although I could hear lots of people working them.  I stopped for 30
minutes and then came back and checked 20M and found that I could work the east
Kansas stations, so I started up again and the band got better and better for
me.

The website for this contest was great, with lots of good info.  Chasing 1 x 1
calls for special awards was an added bonus.  Chasing the mobiles from county
to county is always fun and allowed me to come close to the sweep.  Some of the
top mobiles in my log were K0S with 51 contacts, N0R with 47, N0U and W0O (22),
K0E and NU0Q (21), and N0K (18).

Congrats to N6MU on a great job and beating his score from last year (which was
my goal).  Although I was close to his old score, he raised the bar
significantly this year!