[3830] All Asian SSB 4O3A SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB 4O3A SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 06:55:05 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): 4O3A
Station: 4O3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

   80:   15    13
   40:  282   119
   20:  356   157
   15:  907   221
   10:  323   127
-------------------
Total: 1883   637  Total Score = 1,403,311

Club:

Comments:

It was my first ever All Asian contest.
I took a look on previous scores and made some initial predictions.
Expectations were to touch 1M points, and no idea about how many Qs and MULs
could be done.
Saturday was excellent. I stayed on 10M as much as some Qs are running on, to
make as much as possible double pointers, and MULTs on this band. Lost
temporary some more runs, but made a good basement for upgrading of score
second day.
Sunday it pays back to me, as 10M was dead totaly. 15M was wide open, allowing
me to catch up what missed first day.
Saturday morning I had my best life time run of JAs. Not some highest rates,
but - no QRM, no QSB, and a worked easily a lot of In-door antenna guys, ever
some mobile stations with solid signals coming. Highest exchange number was 88,
and it is very disappointing to see that average age is in range of 70..!! I had
wrong opinion that Sunday evening nobody from Japan will call back, as it is
Monday locally and usual working day, but 99% of them are retired for years.
:-) And yes - I had some mini pileups on 40M and 20M at the end of contest.

I upload on my page some station automation diagrams, for standard antenna
setups, and with triplexers, for tribander system as well. CQ WW is coming, and
you can find some ideas.

CU in WAE
Ranko