[3830] NA Sprint CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 08:56:07 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: W6SL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   49     1.0
   40:   73     1.5
   20:   69     1.5
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club 2

Comments:

Personal best score as Sprint skills sharpen however there is plenty of shack
space in need of improvement. I have not yet mastered how-to identify the end
of a Sprint Q followed by sending my call sign. Instead, more times than not,
I'm tuning for a station calling CQ, if my score is to improve, I need to
practice getting my call sign in there at the end of a Sprint Q.

Likewise, Sprint Morse code speed is a different racing engine unlike a CQWW
endurance model rather, it is built with high octane words per minute flowing
through high velocity turbo chargers igniting three Saturn V rocket engines.
The first hour, at least in my estimation, is critical and pushing the fuel
pumps at the red line will make a difference in my Sprint log.

Lastly, this event demands complete focus and concentration, sometimes, the
exchange seemed like a continuous string before my wetware snapped back to
attention. I noted this phenomena occurring late in the third hour.

In contrast, moving between channels after a couplet, improved dramatically.
Likewise, manually sending each call sign after making adjustments with
weighting, made a difference. Also, I was surprised when the event ended, that
a rate average of nearly 50 per hour was achieved.

73, Scot KA3DRR

ICOM 756PRO
Alpha 89
80m Dipole