[3830] SAC CW RM2D(SM6LRR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW RM2D(SM6LRR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 08:30:38 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Naro-Fominsk
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:   78    25
   40:  112    32
   20:  145    40
   15:   51    20
   10:   25    14
-------------------
Total:  411   131  Total Score = 53,841

Club:

Comments:

Another great Scandinavian Activity Contest with good activity from both
Scandinavia and from the rest of the world.

Conditions were pretty ok the first day, but second day more of a challenge.

Simple small-gun setup this time from summer house. Had just a 20 meter
1/4-wave vertical for 20 meters as acceptable antenna. The rest a compromise
and quick-fix with the aim to at least give my fellow Scandinavian friends some
points.

Just 5 "Five band QSO:s":  OH6RX, OZ2TF, SM5J, SM3S, SM6FKF.

Rig: FT 1000D (and also testing new TS 590 S as second radio)
Amp: ACOM 1010
Power: 800 W

Antennas:

80  Inverted V @ only 8 meters
40  Horizontally V-shaped dipole @ 6 meters
20  1/4-wave ground-mounted vertical with 2 km radial system
15  Same dipole as for 40 meters
10  My vertical for 20 meters (thanks to ACOM 1010, it was possible to use it
with 650 W forward and 200 W return power) ;)

Activity good from SM and OH as always, but next year more Scandinavians are
needed and especially from LA and OZ.  TF activity was ok but can be better.
One OY and one OX in the log.

73 de RM2D (ex. RA/SM6LRR), Mats