[3830] Salmon Run K7IA SOMixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run K7IA SOMixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 16:52:48 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOMixed QRP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): ??

  160:
   80:    5      1
   40:   19      1
   20:   40     21
   15:   16      6
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   80     29      0  Mults = 30  Total Score = 10,440

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Includes working W7DX twice.

I worked SR last year as QRP and did better then, but this was fun, because
propagation between NM and WA was via "waveguide."  The only stations that
didn't come right back to my first calls were tied up with pileups.  Numerous
SSB stations gave me "big signal" reports and were amazed that I was QRP.  I
kept checking the LP-100 wattmeter to make certain I was QRP, and sure 'nuff, 5
watts, despite bouncing back and forth to the SAC event (high power--KPA500 and
K3 "remember" two exciter power levels, a no brainer for the op).  Propagation
was memorable, but more SR ops were needed!

Hmmm, CA QP as QRP this year?

Many thanks for this fun event, and special thanks go to the mobiles.

73, dan