[3830] Salmon Run N7WA/M MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7wa@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run N7WA/M MobileCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:19:44 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N7WA/M
Operator(s): N7WA, K7ND
Station: N7WA/M

Class: MobileCW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  111
   20:  407
   15:  162
   10:    1
    6:    0
    2:    0
----------------------------
Total:  681     0       0  Mults = 74  Total Score = 151,182

Club: Mike and Key ARC

Comments:

Eastern Washington is an interesting place with many types of terrain
and contrasts. Especially for some like me who lives west of the
Cascades. For the most part, it's also very empty, which makes
it attractive to be a mobile in the Salmon Run as it makes you popular.

My partner Jim K7ND and I had a lot fun. He didn't want to do any of
the operating but his butt was in the chair just as long as mine as he
drove most of the 1000 miles while I tried to keep a computer and
paddles from flying off a board (table) on my knees. (Btw, one of
those roads was named Corkscrew road.) I got pretty rummy
towards the end so if you started sending something other than the
exchange, it just got mentally dumped.

We missed only one county in Eastern Washington that we had planned on
activating - Asotin. Maybe next year.

We also had a place to crash mid-route near Spokane thanks to Steve
K7AWB and his wife Peggy W7PEG. Many thanks to them both. It was
a blessing. (Hmmm, do I have to add them as part of the
multi-op crew <grin>.)

Most county border crossings were met with a mini-pileup which
was always fun. We hope we managed to help fill out some of
those missing multipliers for the deserving.

The amount of DX was a surprise, 12% of the total Q's.

It was fun!

cheers
dink, n7wa