[3830] CQ WW RTTY 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 9M2CNC(G4ZFE) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 20:29:39 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): G4ZFE
Station: 9M2CNC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OJ03
Operating Time (hrs): 34

   80:    0     0       0        0     0
   40:    0     0       0        0     0
   20:  723  2113      28       76    28
   15:  640  1777      40       76    27
   10:  640  1821       8       60    19
Total: 2003  5711      76      212    74  Total Score = 2,067,382

Club:

Comments:

Elecraft K3 and Icom PW1 amplifier @ 400W
Force 12 C3-S @ 12m
N1MM and MMTTY (Windows XP VMware image run on Windows 7 due to laptop
limitations)

Wow, my best CQ WW RTTY result and the best condx to the US on 15m that I can
recall in the 12 years I have been operating from 9M2. From here 40 states and
provinces on 15m was most unexpected as were the 599+ signals from the East
Cost of the USA (remember it's 9,300 miles to New York short path from 9M2).

Sadly, Murphy played a call to the tropics and my 40m antenna (Cushcraft D-40)
was not working when I arrived at the station on Friday. The balun connection
had failed and on my own I didn't want to do the (low) tower work. On Monday we
were able to fix the antenna! Thus I had no 40m capability in the contest which
hurt my multiplier score.

FB to see 10m wide open to EU. The down side of such good condx was that it was
really difficult to find a run frequency and I ended up operating rather higher
in the band than I would have liked. I was hoping to review the Data Skimmer
SNR figures for my station against other 9M2 stations but that was not to be. I
was only spotted 4 times by the Data Skimmer during the contest, a result of
being so high in the band. I am excited by the Data Skimmer and DL4RCK has done
a FB job.

Reasonable activity from 9M2 - I saw activity from 9M2CQC and 9M2TO. My good
friend Sion, 9M2CQC and I ended up operating within 1 kHz on 20m at one stage
and that must have been confusing (9M2CQC and 9M2CNC).

I observed higher activity from HS and BY. The recent radio exams in Thailand
have produced more HF operators and that was appreciated. More BY stations were
also worked this year and I suggest that the BY provinces are added as
multipliers to help stations in South East Asia who are so far from the VE/W
multipliers :-)

Thank you for all the QSOs and the fun over the weekend. The log will be
uploaded to LoTW when I return to the UK this week. QSL via G4ZFE.

73 de Rich, G4ZFE/9M2CNC/HS0ZGZ