[3830] CaQP W1UE(@K1LZ) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP W1UE(@K1LZ) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 03:57:59 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1LZ

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0      0
   80:   49     24
   40:   75    142
   20:  103    188
   15:  119    220
   10:   88    143
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another year, another CQP!  Sweep was completed at 2030Z; last 4 counties were
Lake (1908Z), SBen(1916Z), TULA(1940Z), and STAN(2030Z); all called in on my
run frequency.

160M had big noise for me, so couldn't hear a thing.  Working CA from here on
160M is always dicey, but no way this year.
80M: 0300Z foray found me standing in line to work fairly weak signals.  0700Z
found the same signals were worked with one call.  High noise level hear,
limiting what I could hear.
40M: either opened later than I predicted, or the high bands were so good that
ops delayed going down to 40M.  By the time it was really runnable, it was 9pm
in Cal and the casual ops were gone.
20M: typical when the high bands were open, fewer were there to work.
15M: Money band.  Bottomless pit.  Only thing keeping me from here all day was
10M.
10M: Was there at start of contest.  Didn't heat up until after 1700Z on
Sunday, but still provided some nice runs.
SSB: Hot band was usually runnable at a low rate.
CW: Almost entirely S&P.  Trying to run on CW was not productive.

Congrats to KH6LC, K6TR, N4PN, and the other top out-of-state stations.  Thanks
to all the California stations for being in the rare counties.

Dennis W1UE