[3830] CaQP N2WN SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N2WN SOFixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 14:31:40 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: Grainger Co., Tn.
Operating Time (hrs): 9:21

  160:    1
   80:   10      1
   40:   23      1
   20:   80     32
   15:   64     26
   10:   63    115
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Missed the start of the contest, was working on connecting the new 40m vertical.
When I did get in I was happy to find 10M hopping. Worked 51 counties on 10 and
had hopes of a sweep there. Saturday was by far better than Sunday on 10, had
some hopes for 15, but was only so-so here.

40 was a big disappointment, although may hate is off to those who worked me
first Saturday night. I was seeing really high SWR at the rig, although it was
fine at the antenna when set. Switched off to the 80M Vee until Sunday morning,
which was pretty dead. So went out to see what the problem was. Turns out the
new connector I had put on was shorted. I couldn't see the short, but the meter
didn't lie. So fixed it and got back on 40 and all was as expected. Hoping this
one will be a bit better than the one on the ground. It's about 8' up and the
support set in concrete. Hopefully it won't list this winter... or snap!

Missed DELN and TULA. Thanks to K6AQL for hitting the road, particularly with
the price of gas out there. Worked a couple other mobiles, but think they were
just driving locally. Lotsa new calls in the log, which is great!

Listened on 6 a bit Saturday, had some hope for an opening, but nada.

Thanks to the organizers and everyone who put time in.

73,
Julius
n2wn