[3830] CaQP W6T M/MCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joanna.k6yl@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6T M/MCntyExp HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 00:02:08 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6T
Operator(s): K6YL N6DQ K6WX AA6XV N6NU K6RHO
Station: W6T

Class: M/MCntyExp HP
QTH: Trinity County, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:   154    251
   40:   320    345
   20:   526    667
   15:   371    253
   10:     9     15
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1380   1531  Mults = 58  Total Score = 417,716

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

By Joanna K6YL --  This was our third year operating from beautiful Trinity
County, and we successfully improved our score almost 100K pts over 2011.
Thanks to Rick N6DQ for his months of hard work and preparation for this
expedition.  Luckily we did manage a sweep -- we felt good when we reached 55
mults by 12:43pm local time on Saturday, but it took another 1.5 hours for WV,
then another hour for SK, and yet another 2 hours for KY.  We were scratching
our heads at KY.  For California we missed San Benito, Lake and Trinity.  Now
Murphy did make a presence â?" We lost an amplifier during testing Friday
night; we tripped a circuit breaker in the tiny cabin 2 hours into the contest
and were down for 20 minutes (glad the computers were on a UPS!); we blew a
stub; and the wind decided 165 degrees was a better direction for one of the
main antennas.  This is a fun contest and I think the work that fellow
expeditions put into this event to put rare counties on the air is truly
amazing.  Cheers also to K6AQL as we enjoyed tracking your mobile route!
Thanks to everyone for the qâ??s.

Added by Kristen K6WX --  CQP Trinity was a fun time again this year.  Sadly we
lost an amplifier early on, but we worked around it.  The 40m nighttime CONDX
were not bad.  N6DQ and I were the up through the dead of the night.  Daytime
on the upper bands was only fair, but there were a few DX stations to work on
both phone and CW.  Had fun chatting with K6MI before the contest on 2m as we
met on the freeway on the way to our expedition sites.

Rigs:  All Icom