[3830] NA Sprint RTTY AB3IC LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gl1800winger@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY AB3IC LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 05:48:25 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - October

Call: AB3IC
Operator(s): AB3IC
Station: AB3IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  21        2
   40:  17        1
   20:   8        1
---------------------
Total:  46     Mults = 22  Total Score = 1,012

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC

Comments:

First time working a Sprint.  I got started a little late as a new ham in our
club was having problems figuring out how to get her TS-2000 on the air and
needed my help.  Turns out the powerpole connector that the previous owner had
put on the power cord was throwing her off.  A little clip work with a diagonal
cutter and a couple of new ring connectors had her up and running.

So, I was about 20 minutes late in starting the contest - then it took me
nearly an hour to figure out the QSY rules.  Had to read the rules several
times before I figured it out.

I was also working with a new radio (TS-590) - I'll give a better review of the
rig after a couple of more contests, but so far I really like it.  One thing
that was especially helpful was the use of the equalizer feature, which allowed
me to tailor both my receive and transmit audio for the contest.

The set-up was:

Kenwood TS-590 (100 watts)
GAP Challenger DX (20M & 40M)
Inverted Vee for 80M