[3830] TBDC N3QE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@wmata.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N3QE Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 04:51:22 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 171  Total Score = 651

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

An excellent warm-up with my new K9AY loop. Supplemented the transmit antenna
(Marconi T) with about 600 feet of copper put down on the ground Thursday after
work and Saturday afternoon! Rig was Ten-Tec Eagle at 100W.

In the 0400 to 0500 hour, I heard several EU's and several California's
(especially N6RO, who was peaking for a while at "really loud") but they didn't
hear me. Best distance with an actual QSO was K7RAT, who was also at "really
loud" for a while. I feel less like an alligator, at least! And feel like I got
a nice mix of QSO's too. Looking forward to the other 160 events.