[3830] NyQP N2R(N2ZN) MobileMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2zn@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NyQP N2R(N2ZN) MobileMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:37:20 -0700
                    New York QSO Party

Call: N2R
Operator(s): N2ZN
Station: N2R

Class: MobileMixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:  110     99
   20:   74
   15:           3
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  184    102      0  Mults = 71  Total Score = 33,370

Club:

Comments:

A leisurely ride through the North Country of NY activating some usually rare
counties, especially on CW.  This was a single op, no driver entry, so my 8
hours of operating time also includes driving from county to county.

Counties activated: HAM, HER, ONE, LEW, STL, FRA, ESS, CLI, WAR.  Sorry to say
that I did not spend much time in Essex or Warren due to one thing or another.
Clinton has typically been one of the super rare counties, so I spent extra time
there, time that was probably going to be spent in Essex or Warren.

CQing on SSB was mostly fruitless, so stuck to running on CW and S&P on phone
just to keep the rate up.  I also have no 80 meter antenna for the car, so the
contest was basically over for me three hours early, when everyone abandoned 40
in favor of 80 or 160.  Even still, it was an excellent time.  Special thanks to
K2CS and N2TWI for providing their W2CCC home in Herkimer County as a "base" for
this operation, as starting from Rochester to get to these counties would have
killed so much time that I may never have gotten to operate!

See you all next year from...??

Station:
FT-857d
ATAS-120