[3830] IlQP K9CT Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP K9CT Fixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:28:17 -0700
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Fixed HP
QTH: Peoria
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

  160:      5
   80:     69       32
   40:    160      149
   20:    102      116
   15:     28
   10:
    6:
    2:              22
------------------------
Total:    364      319  Mults = 140  Total Score = 146,580

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Fun as always!

85/102 counties

50 states/provinces

5 DX

Best mult total that I can remember. Thanks to the mobiles that spent a lot of
time on 40m and stayed close to the same freq. It was easy to work you and get
the multipliers. Also, thanks to the stations that set up portable. It takes a
lot of effort to do that and it is appreciated.

QSO total was down from my expectation but still ok. It seemed like there
wasn't much domestic propagation early on 20 - 10 meters. Mostly dx....maybe
everyone was watching football! Things picked up later when skip shortened up
on 20m and 40m rocked. Best hour was 131 at 2320z 20m SSB plus 80m cw.

40m was very good. Used a dipole at 50 feet and mobiles were easy copy. Some of
the stations in IL were very loud...way over S9. I hope we get this prop in SS.
20m was mostly east coast with a few west of the Mississippi mixed in. I still
managed to work a few IL stations including mobiles. 80m had good activity and
even tried 160m for a few contacts. 2m brought nice qsos early..this could be
very useful for adding to our county totals. I even worked a couple of
multipliers not duplicated on the other bands!!

73, Craig K9CT