[3830] TBDC N7GP(N5IA) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N7GP(N5IA) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:17:32 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5IA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Total:  QSOs = 7  Total Score = 90

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

THIS IS A CHECK LOG ONLY!!!!!

I was testing a new TX antenna and new Beverage antennas at a new station
location.  I started this for the IARU in July, to be able to put W1AW/7 on the
air in Arizona.

I am slowly ramping up the antennas for the winter 160 season.  After working
on the Beverages (comparing parallel antennas with different matching
transformers, etc., for f/b and gain) on Saturday, I called a few stations in
the Pre-Stew.

The band sounded good from out west with FM and FN grids very copiable at
sundown.

I had the K3 sitting on the dash of the Suburban.  I was also testing the
effectiveness of the TX vertical.

I worked N1LN and VE3KI with 100 Watts.

I worked KC0W with 5 Watts.

I worked KO7X, K0HA, N2IC and KI0I with 100 milliWatts into the 420 foot long
feed line, which is paralleled 75 Ohm, 1/2", CATV hardline.

I called NO3M at 100 mW.  He came right back with the call.  But he could not
get the 52 in the DM52 exchange, so NIL for Eric and me on that one.

I will be making a full test of the antennas, both TX and RX, this coming
weekend with a single band, 160 M effort in the CQ WW SSB.

Look for my signal, give me a call, and give me a report vs other signals from
out west.  It should not be real busy and there should be an opportunity to
exchange signal reports.

Thanks for the few Qs.

73 de Milt, N5IA from N7GP near Safford, AZ