[3830] CQWW SSB LP1H(@LU5HM) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu5dx@lucg.com.ar
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LP1H(@LU5HM) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:00:29 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LP1H
Operator(s): LU5HM LU7HH LU3HY LW4HR LW5HR LU5DX
Station: LU5HM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cordoba
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   14    11       14
   40:  342    34       83
   20: 1632    35      122
   15:         35      138
   10: 2897    34      128
------------------------------

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to Ramon LU5HM, Ramuco LU7HE and Monica LU8HFO for supporting and hosting
this year's effort.
A big storm that took place a week before the contest forced us to change
plans.
Not only antennas resulted damaged due to strong gales, but also a lightning
strike blew up several BP filters, Rotor controls and one amp.
As the result of all this, we only had one of the 40 m antennas operational. No
veberages, no KLM KT34. Also the 160 Vert had to be repaired Friday afternoon.
Ramon and his crew managed to get ready the station only for MS, despite our
plans to enter M2 or MM.
Good news is Javi LU7HH returned from a two and half asignment in DC. So he
visited us Saturday Morning and commanded the 10 m pile up with EU for several
hours.
We did our best to work mults on 40, 80 and 160 but QRN was simply way too
strong for the attenuated signals coming from EU, USA and the Caribean.
Thanks everyone for the Qs.We really enjoyed this new edition of the biggest
Ham Radio Contest!

The ops at LP1H: LU5HM, LU7HH, LU3HY, LW4HR, LW5HR, LU5DX